Parental Support and the BSM Code of Conduct
Parental support is encouraged during most activities, we recognise how supportive this can be for students. We do, however expect parents to ensure they represent themselves and the school in the correct manner at all times at any sporting events they choose to attend whether at BSM or elsewhere. We request all parents associated with BSM to follow the BSM Parents Code of Conduct at all times:
- Encourage participation by your child and all others involved (reward the effort, don't analyse the performance).
- Provide a model of good sportsmanship for your child to copy.
- Be courteous in your communication with players, coaches, team officials, game officials and sports administrators.
- Encourage honest effort, skilled performance and team work..
- Refrain from any negative comments about other schools or players from them.
- Make any new parents feel welcome on all occasions.
- Do not interfere with coaching or the organisation of any events.
We also welcome support from parents in terms of supervising at fixtures and coaching of Sports Clubs, if you feel you could offer your support please contact Dave Harfield (Sports & ASA Co-ordinator).
Keeping Your Child Safe
On completion of activities, students should be met by the parents or family representatives or make their way immediately to the next ASA. Parents must make staff aware if there is a specific instruction a child has been given to allow them to support the child as fully as possible.
In the event of activity being cancelled arrangements will be made for students to contact home where necessary. Mr Dave Harfield will also contact home when necessary and posts will be updated on our schools Sports twitter account.
If your child passes on any concerns about a particular Sports Clubs or activity they have been involved in please contact the appropriate coach/teacher so they can discuss how to support your child in the best way possible. If you do not have this information contact Dave Harfield (Sports & ASA Co-ordinator) as soon as you can.